English Language Media Sarl, the publisher of this site, is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We collect information from you when you place an order for a product (newspaper subscription/helpguide/trial copy), subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. This information may include:
• Your name
• Contact information including email address (and postal address/phone number if needed to deliver a product to you)
• Demographic information such as postcode, age and occupation
• Other information that will help us provide you a better service, such as your reason for moving to France or whether you own a home here.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record-keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We use the information you voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters. We send out our newsletter to subscribers on a regular schedule
• We may also periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may in the future use the information you provide to customise the website according to your interests.
• If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All payment information is handled by Société Générale's 'Sogenactif' system using a secure technology and encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Your credit card information is not stored on our servers.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personally identifiable information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or by emailing us at email@example.com
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Loi N° 78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 (loi relative à l’informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés).
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection, English Language Media Sarl, 38 rue Grimaldi, 98000 Monaco
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you are a subscriber you can update the information yourself using the “Subscriber login” link on our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Updates to this policy
This policy was last modified on December 15, 2016.