Renewing UK blue badge

I have a UK disabled person’s blue parking card and it will run out soon.
As we now live in France I need a French replacement. What do I do? M.I.

The blue badge (carte européenne de stationnement) is an EU scheme, and there is no need for EU citizens who move to France to renew it if it is within its period of validity. However, British cards are typically issued for only three years, so expat holders are likely to need to renew in France.

The usual port of call for these cards is your local Maison Départementale des Personnes Handicapées. To find details, click the map on the right at and either put in your department number or name or click the plus sign to zoom in.

Renewing a British card requires the same procedure as for renewing a French card, said an advisor at the MDPH for the Lot. French cards may be issued for periods up to 10 years or are permanent. Renewal involves the same form and documents as a first application and you are asked to apply four months before expiry to make sure there is no period without cover.

An application form can be downloaded here, under Démarche and accéder au formulaire:

You will need to visit a doctor for a medical certificate (which should be less than three months old) and you will need an identity photo and photocopies of your passport and a recent utility bill.

More articles from Your Questions
More articles from Connexion France


Loading some business profiles...

Loading some classifieds...